Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ideas: Nectar of our mind, essence of our souls

Idle minds is truly a devils workshop, was wondering what ideas are all about, are they just random thoughts that leave a imprint in your head, imprints which you decide to act upon? Or am I putting too much thought behind nothing.
The very fact that I am writing a blog reinforces my belief that ideas originate from the very core of our consciousness. Ideas have always spurred me on, made me look for my purpose in life. But if this were so, then why don’t we execute all of them. There is a barrier that prevents us from acting on our “gut” feelings. Is it the fact that people may laugh at our ideas, our creative essence, thus indirectly at us. We have become a truly logical race that believes in conformity.
But if you look back at history and what really shaped it, it is the most preposterous ideas of ordinary people. But ideas by nature are not constructive all the time; they may cause repercussions that we might not be able to foretell. What I am trying to figure out is which ideas I should act upon? Should I listen to my heart, my mind or to my environment?
One thing I do realize is that ideas are not meant to be shackled, even if not implemented it must at least see the light of day. And if one of the whisks of thought is your claim to fame then let it be. If we ever want to take the next step in our intellectual evolution we must not only pour out new ideas, we must find ways to stimulate it.
I am quoting Linus Pauling here,” The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas”. It’s my mind; and my blog will help me bring my ideas one step closer to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment